The front of the Saint Francis statue in front of Brookside Mansion during the fall season

Professional Licensure Disclosures

Professional licensure and certification requirements vary state to state. If you are considering an academic program that leads to professional licensure, we recommend you contact the appropriate licensing agency in your home state for information and guidance prior to starting a program outside your state.

If you plan to pursue professional licensure outside of Indiana, please know that state licensure requirements are subject to change. While a program may originally meet the educational requirements for licensure, changes made by a state licensing agency could affect the program’s ability to meet any new requirements.

Also note that because licensing requirements vary, relocating to another state during the course of a program could impact whether or not you meet that state’s requirements. If you are considering a move to another state, please contact the appropriate licensing agency for professional licensure eligibility requirements.

We Are Here to Help

The University of Saint Francis will work with you to determine if a program meets the licensure (or certification) requirements outside the State of Indiana.

To start, please contact:

Gwen Hefty
260-399-7700, ext. 6915

Note for Students Interested in Teacher Education Programs:

USF students enrolled in teacher education programs are being prepared to test for the Indiana teaching licensure exam. Students are not required to sit for the Indiana licensure exam to earn their undergraduate degree. Students pursuing Transition to Teaching programs and master’s degrees should consult with their advisor to review program and degree testing requirements.

Each state has its own licensure policies and procedures, and it is the responsibility of the student to ensure he/she can become licensed in any state or territory outside of Indiana.  Most states, however, offer some degree of licensure reciprocity to professionals licensed in other states.  The best source of information is the state’s Department of Education. If you are from a state other than Indiana, use the appropriate link below to check the teaching licensure requirements and reciprocity.

We Are Here to Help!

The University of Saint Francis will help you explore whether USF teacher education programs meet licensure requirements outside the State of Indiana and will assist with the licensure reciprocity process and requirements for your home state.


Kelly Rothgeb
260-399-7700 x8415

Departments of Education: U.S. States & Territories